How to Practice Vipassana Pt. 3 Vol. 1 Why the 3 Marks of Existence are Hard to Perceive
The Third Talk in a series of talks, is mainly focused on the 3 Marks of Existence, what they are and why Unenlightened Beings find it hard to see. it explains what veils the truth of the 3 Marks of Existence, and attempts to reveal the presence of Impermanence, Unsatisfactoriness, and Non-Selfness in Contemplative Thought. This talk is about 42 Minutes.
The Three Marks of Existence are;
sabbe saṅkhārā aniccā — "all saṅkhāras (conditioned things) are impermanent"
sabbe saṅkhārā dukkhā — "all saṅkhāras are unsatisfactory"
sabbe dhammā anattā — "all dhammas (conditioned or unconditioned things) are not self"
The talk begins to discuss the internal processes which must be contemplated in Mindfulness practice of Vipassana Kammathana, but firstly precedes this focal topic, by dealing with some peripheral related matters, which are necessary to begin to understand, such as how the keeping of precepts assists to have a more powerful focus in meditation, and also about the Jhāna states of absorption, and the part they play in receiving insights into the path
The series will be covering all perspectives and approaches of the practice of Kammathana Vipassana - Mindfulness and Self Transformation, and a guide to understanding what the true purpose and goal is, of Vipassana Practice. Click the 'Buy Now' or 'Add to Bag' button to checkout and download (Free)
The first and second talks in this series are also included for download along with Pt. 3, so you do not need to go download them separately if you choose to download this 3rd part. We have also include the two previous talks below if you wish to listen to them online.
The second talk continued the initial preamble, following the usual method used in Thai Buddhist temples, of explaining the various benefits which are received from practicing Vipassana. This second talk lists ten main benefits of Vipassana, and Ajarn Spencer delves into some of the deeper aspects which underlie these benefits.
Ajarn Spencer also explains in this second episode, at the beginning about the two different practices of Samatha and Vipassana Meditation, and how both are used in conjunction to support each other, to gain successful results. Ajarn Spencer also explains how and why Samatha Meditation is a tool for Vipassana Practice, and is present in Vipassana, but that Vipassana is not necessarily present when practicing Samatha. After this, Ajarn Spencer goes on to Explain the ten major Benefits of the Practice.
1. Kilesa (Defilement) is reduced, and the causes of future Suffering,
2. Suffering will decrease, and happiness will increase
3. The Power of the World to Influence and Affect You, will decrease
4. The Mind will become Clearer, and See More Deeply into What is Happening, and more wisdom in dealing with situations will arise
5. Selfishness Decreases, and the Ability to see the Usefulness in other beings will arise, and the desire to harm others will decrease, and the desire to help others will increase, through the experience of Vipassana
6. Morality will Increase, making the Sila (Moral precepts), easier to keep naturally, and require less effort. Self Restraint of Impure Intentions, becomes Pure Intentions.
7. It is possible to attain the Nirodha Samabhatti (Arupa Jhana), which is the Highest Bliss any Living Being or Spiritual Being who is not yet a Buddha can attain, and which leads to Abhinya Powers
8. It is possible to become an Arya Bukkala (one of the 4 kinds of Enlightened Person),
9. It is possible to become fully Enlightened as an Arahant (Buddha), and taste the blissfulness of the fruit of enlightenment.
10. It is possible to Attain and Enter the Ultimate - Nibbana.
You can hear this second podcast online here without downloading, by using the below player, or, you can download it by 'purchasing ' this free item, and downloading it from your account afterwards, by signing in and visiting the orders section for the download.
The first lesson which preceded this, covered a synopsis of the list of topics which are discussed in the first section of Volume 1, and gave a basic insight into what is meant by each topic title, in preparation for going into more depth in each topic one talk at a time in the subsequent podcasts.
You can hear the first podcast online here without downloading, by using the below player, or, you can download it by 'purchasing ' this free item, and downloading it from your account afterwards.
"Vipassana - all of it. How to Practice Vipassana. What IS Vipassana Anyway? The Benefits of Vipassana, 3 Marks of Existence, 5 Aggregates, Causes of Vipassana, Obstacles to Vipassana....
How to use meditation and the breath to investigate the 3 Marks of Existence and Within all Things, and Realize the Four Noble truths, and the Path to Enlightenment through the Practice of Vipassana, which Ultimately, when fully realized, leads to Magga (Enlightenment)."
Here is a list of the essential topics to be covered in this series of podcasts;
How to Practice Vipassana
The benefits of Vipassana
Seeing Tillakkhana (The three marks of existence)
Bodhipakkhiya Dhamma 37
Vipassana Bhumi - The foundations of Vipassana
The Causes of Vipassana Arising
Vipassana - What Is It?
Vipassana Ñana 9
Solos Ñana 16
Vipassanupa Kilesa 10
Khant Ha (5 Skandhas)
Visuddhi 7 and the 16 Vipassana Ñana
Pra Trailaks (3 Marks of Existence)
The Meaning of 'Sangkhara'
Dhamma Niyama Sutta
Sangkhara 2 (two kinds)
Sangkhara in Tillakkhana
Sangkhara in The Khandas
Why the Khandas are under the Power of Tillakkhana